WHAT CAN ENERGY MANAGEMENT ACCOMPLISH?
- Reduce System Operating Costs
- Maintain Building Temperature and Occupant Comfort
- Extend Equipment Life Cycles and Reduce Maintenance Costs
- Report and Graph Energy Usage and Building Conditions
- Monitor HVAC Equipment and Notify via Text Messaging or Email
HOW DO ENERGY MANAGEMENT & TEMPERATURE CONTROLS RELATE TO EACH OTHER?
Energy Management and Temperature Controls are closely related. Temperature Control is the process of controlling HVAC equipment to an exact temperature through direct digital control (DDC). Energy Management is a strategy used to control the HVAC system to save energy while maintaining tenant comfort. Energy Management Systems (EMS) accomplish this through the following features.
- Time of Day Schedules
- Optimize Start/Stop
- Night Setback/Setup
- Report Generation
- Holiday and Special Events Schedules
- Energy and Demand Monitoring/Limiting
- A/C Unit Optimization and Sequencing
- Alarm Monitoring and Paging / E-mail Notification